Thursday, January 22, 2009

19.01.09 Eye infection & High fever

My mum suddenly called my hp telling me Jerald's right eye is swollen & red. I really got a shock as he's still ok in the morning when we send him over to my parents b4 we left for work. So i ask my mum to monitor & ask her to call me if it get worse. Unexpected he can't get to sleep though only has a power nap merely 15min. My mum say his eye got worse & he can't even open his eye at all. As most clinics are closed since it's about 3pm, my dad managed bring him to a GP at Holland Rd. I tried to call the doc & she said jerald has eye infection due to excess rubbing of his eye either after touching something dirty. Doc prescribed eye drop & say will take few days to clear. Phew... glad to hear it's nothing serious.


His right eye was so swollen till he can't open it when he wake up.

Tuesday morning i decided to take half day leave to bring him to see pd as his eye still very swollen. Jerald weighs 11.7kg & 79cm. PD mention he has sore eyes so prescribed him some antibiotic & continue to give eye drop. He said will clear in 2-3days. At night things fot worse, when i was changing diaper for jerald after his last feed. I noticed his body is very warm & his head is burning hot. I wonder wat's wrong as he's still ok earlier & even play with us when we fetch him home.

Daddy Jen measured his temp & notice he's running a fever of 39.5 degree. OMG, wat happen to my boy??? Why suddenly fever??? I'm in a lost lucky Daddy Jen ask me o cool down & we try to feed him some Bufen hopefully he'll be ok tomorrow morning. I even tell myself i had rather tat i'm the one sick than my boy. It's really heartpain to see him like tat. Whole night didn't sleep at all cos kept waking up to check jerald's temp. Early morning his fever gone down a bit 38.7 degree, we decided to bring him back to see pd again as CNY is drawing near... This time pd is also shock to see us but he mentioned jerald's eye is so much better. He said jerald has caught a flu bug but told him everone well at home. He mentioned there are many virus around nowadays so be careful. He told us to moniter him for the next 2-3days as his fever will go up & down like roller coaster. We pray hard hope Jerald get well soon... Mummy & Daddy loves you.

No comments: